Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!

Time for some catch up. Yeah, I know it’s been some time since I last posted and can I throw in the oft-used-cataphrase-busy-with-work? Ok, guess not. Anyway, let’s kick things off with some lovely Xmas messages and gifts…hey, who doesn’t like pics and who will not melt at seeing these:




It was back to {hard} work this morning with Michael after a short warm up. Operational work here is “short” like a 1km trot around the neighbourhood. And yes, it was ONE km, not a typo of 10 or 11k or whatever.

Shoulders & Delts

Single sets of:
a) Smith machine seated shoulder overhead press (first set doesn’t count coz if it did, we wouldn’t have topped 40lbs)
b) {my nemesis} DB lateral raise
c) Standing DB Arnold press (this wasn’t too bad. For real. Only coz we use a lighter weight…to start!)

Supersets of:
d) DB bendover rear delt fly
e) Nautilus rear delt fly (worked both the shoulders and upper back if you do it correctly which I’ll lay no claim to this)

Supersets of:
f) KB upright row (again, not too bad)
g) KB shrugs (again, again, not too bad)

Single sets of:
h) DB bicep curl (ever noticed that we keep doing the biceps but not the triceps?!?! Gotta put a note in to Michael)
i) Reverse abs crunches


And now, if you don’t mind me…I’m gonna nurse my sore glutes from that warm up. What?!?! You don’t get DOMS from short runs????!!!

No comments: